count.your.many.blessings.name.them.one.by.one.and.you'll.be.surprised.at.what.the.Lord.has.done.
We got invited by the hostess-with-the-mostest to come to their warm sunny house for Thanksgiving. It was a great time had by all and very worth a long scary drive in the pouring rain to get there. Thanks Jensen family for a very fun (and yummy) Thanksgiving vacation.
Highlights:
*arriving safely
*free hotel stay vouchers
*many, many games of Blockus and Uno Attack
*food.food.food
*date night Friday (has anyone seen Fireproof?)
*Thursday morning 'Turkey Trot' I did it in 23 mins...yay me!
*the return of 'Kick the Can'...that takes me back to late nights at grandma's house.
*babies everywhere :)
*seeing Diane's house that has received much TLC from them the last few months, it's fun to finally see a place that you've heard so much about.
*Jensen photo shoot...check out my photo blog if you want to see 'um
*visiting with Greg & Elaine who came from California.
*very berry pie from Croshaws
*Greg running into Diane's sliding glass door...full speed ahead (I almost puked from laughter-really).
*Mark wondering why the baby felt wet, "did you get into the pool water" he asked...then he said, "OH CRAP" (it was literally, poor-poor Mark).
*swing set assembly in 3 hours flat- that's a record!
*great company...and did I mention delicious food
Does Uno attack ever really end? It just goes on, and on, and on...
Diane was offered a proposal of marriage because of some rolls she made for a neighbor...polygamy would have some advantages right?!? Doesn't Diane look like she belongs on Food Network!
Just another day in Paradise...Thanksgiving dinner pool side!
can't get over these lovely dishes...
kids table safely on the other side of the pool fence. The kids did a play for us after dinner complete with a hunter, turkeys running around, gun shots, turkeys dying everywhere...but then an encore performance with the turkeys turning on the hunter and chasing him down. Violent...yet funny!
cute, cute babies...how do your mother and father keep up with you???
Spencer (happy birthday you big crazy 9 year old).
Kallie & Syd FINALLY got to take their ear rings out. I let Kallie wear a pair of mine just to celebrate...doesn't she look like a teenager (scary thought).
Samuel...lovin' one of his mama's rolls
My cousins...Taylor & Isaac
And yes...Dan did his fair share of dishes. Love ya babe!












7 comments:
You got some great pictures.
You always get a song stuck in my head every time I look at your blog =) Thanks a lot!! Thanksgiving does seem fun "poolside". And I also LOVE those dishes!! Now you have visited all these people except for your lovely ID friends =). You still have a vacation home, why not put it to good use =)?
It looks like you had a great time. Diane's house looks beautiful. She is the hostess with the mostest. I am wanting some of that watermelon I saw Diane's son eating. Never have thrown in watermelon with a Thanksgiving feast. Eating poolside it only seems appropriate. I gotta go find me a watermelon.
I have decided that you are one amazing photographer because you can make my but_ ugly backyard look pretty. We are still in mourning over here from you all being gone.
I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and I LOVE those plates too!
I'm glad you had fun! We drove through St George and I thought about you, but I knew you were gone. Maybe next time.
Looks like you had a fabulous time! I love the dinner by the pool! And those dishes were amazing! Wowee!
Post a Comment