Sunday, December 28, 2008

Here we go again...

nomad

('măd') n.
  1. A member of a group of people who have no fixed home and move according to the seasons from place to place in search of food, water, and grazing land.
  2. A person with no fixed residence who roams about; a wanderer.

Gypsy

(jĭp')
  1. A person who moves from place to place as required for employment, especially:
    1. A part-time or temporary member of a college faculty.
    2. A member of the chorus line in a theater production.

wander

(wŏn'dər)
v., -dered, -der·ing, -ders. v.intr.
  1. To move about without a definite destination or purpose.
  2. To go by an indirect route or at no set pace; amble: wander toward town.
  3. To proceed in an irregular course; meander.
  4. To go astray: wander from the path of righteousness.
  5. To lose clarity or coherence of thought or expression.


Which one do you think we are?

We (as a family) decided that we need our daddy around so we have decided that even though the whole city is going straight to he## (just ask Amy L.) we are going to relocate to Vegas...SOON!

We LOVE St. George, I could stay here the rest of my life...but as we all know it's not all up to me. This will be a good thing in the long run because we will see Dan WAY more, I will be able to help out at the office, Dan won't have to commute forever, and because it is important for us to be together as a family. Hopefully (please cross your fingers for us) this will be the last move for a LONG while...yes Kallie is in 3rd grade and this will be her 4th elementary school!

I'll email updated contact info soon...like two weeks soon!

28 comments:

Kara said...

Oh My Gosh Carrie! I kinda figured it was coming though. When Brian was comuting to idaho from utah I wanted to cry every time he left. It will be great for you guys. I think you will do fine in Vegas. I had a friend who lived there 5 years and had a great ward and great friends. Although Im not happy your moving even farther away!

Anonymous said...

Good decision! email Christie if you have questions! She is really nice I promise. By the way, I did not make the pajamas--Children's Place, they have sizes 0-14 and if you go black friday you can get them for around $5. However, I do usually buy an extra pair and make Build A Bear pj's to match. But, my ungrateful kids said they didn't care so I decided not to waste my time.

Kara said...

I just realized that you know the friend of mine that lived in vegas. Its ralaina, she lived in henderson. If you had any questions she would be able to answer them.

Just Us said...

As much as I love you and love, love, LOVE living near you, I know this is the right thing for you to do. I can't wait for the day that my family will be back together again. Like I said, I have a really good feeling about it all. I will just miss seeing your cute face often. I love you!!

Amanda said...

you poor girl! (having to move again I mean) keeping your family together is definitely the most important thing to do .I wish I could help! Doesn't L V have really great outlets?!

{sheree} said...

We will miss you! But, I am SO happy that your family will be together!
It looks like you have lots of advice, but...my sister-in-law grew up in Vegas and they live there still, I can give you her info if you want.
Vegas actually has LOTS of fun community activities for families too...we went down there in September for Baloona Palooza and it was great!

Kristin and Jay said...

I sure hope you kept most of your stuff in boxes you poor thing!!! Although I am sure that you are going to love having Dan around again, so it will be all worth it! My friend Chausse used to live in Vegas and would move back there in a heart beat if she could, so it can't be that bad....AMY!. AND.....its even warmer right? =)

Cali and Brett Smith said...

Im happy that you and your family will all be together. There are some parts of Vegas that are nice and there are a lot of members there. Yeah! It will be worth it to be able to see each ohter more often-- I dont know how you guys have done it..

Darlene said...

Good luck. I'm sure that you hate to think about moving again, but that you love the thought of having Dan closer all the time.

I know people that have loved Las Vegas. Henderson in particular. Doesn't Rod have a brother that lives there?

{Lindsey} said...

I am happy for your family, it is important that you are together...I figured it would happen sooner or later, BUT I am sad that you will be leaving.
Good Luck with the move and let me know if you need any help.
Viva Las Vegas!!! Here comes the Super Duper Norris Family...LV will never be the same ;)

[BrookeO] said...

Oh Carrie girl.
How I love you!!!
If anyone, it is you who can do anything.
I have a few friends there...just saying I could hook you'all up.

Best of Luck.
xo

Defa's said...

Hey, We just met though! I am happy for you.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I love you Carrie Norris! I have a feeling this is what the Lord intended for you all along, he just needed you to swing in and add Andrea (and most likely many more) to your list of people that love you too much!

Don't worry....if there is but only one that is righteous it will be saved! :) I have actually heard that it is a great place as far as the church goes. I have a cousin in Henderson. Check it out.

LOVE YOU!!

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie!!!!
I was hoping this would be the outcome of your new adventures. You all need to be together without a commute getting in the way of family time, so CONGRATULATIONS! I'm absolutely thrilled for you all. Vegas has a crappy housing market right now, so you could score a great house for super cheap! There are a lot of great places to live in Vegas, so I hope that you all enjoy your time there. We have family there, so maybe we'll come visit you guys instead! Good luck, and keep us posted!

Tana said...

Carrie-
Love the new look of your blog, background, etc. I think you will love Vegas, after all, home is where your heart is... not to mention you are the kind of person who will love and be loved no matter where you are.

Megan said...

I wish I could come and help you pack! Not my favorite thing to do! But, I think this will be a very good thing and I echo things said earlier about the church being very strong there. You are such a trooper and have a great outlook. Hang in there and good luck with the hunt for a new place to call home! :)

Megan said...

I wish I could come and help you pack! Not my favorite thing to do! But, I think this will be a very good thing and I echo things said earlier about the church being very strong there. You are such a trooper and have a great outlook. Hang in there and good luck with the hunt for a new place to call home! :)

Kelli said...

Wish I lived close so I could help you out. You will do awesome in Vegas! Good luck with the move!

Holly Ogden said...

4 schools by 3rd grade, sounds pretty military to me! I am excited for you to be with Dan. Good idea.

Jared said...

Julie's sister and my sister Christie both live in Henderson and love it. It will be worth it to not have to drive the "drive" so often!

Jared

Emily said...

I am happy for your family...it's worth living in Vegas so your family can be together. Good luck with everything. Emily

CARDON RODEO said...

let's go with Nomad, I especially believe that you are wandering in search of grazing land, because no one really needs food or water (ha)at least each move gets you closer to the beach!!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Check my blog. In the comments on the giveaway my sweet cousin (Ryan's side) left a comment about you. She wants to take you to dinner. Apparently Dan's office is really close to their house! YAY! You will LOVE Candise!

Jeppson Clan said...

Ditto on all your other comments. The Norris family is awesome. You will continue to bloom where the Lord (and Dan) plants you. :)
Keep us posted on your where-abouts.
Love ya!
p.s. When are you coming to K.C.?

Angela Zweifel said...

Dan & Carrie - Good to see you guys are still around. I just happened on your blog through Wendi's. I hope you don't mind. Your girls are BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe how much they have grown. Good luck with your upcoming move again. Feel free to check out our blog - jeffzweifelfamily.blogspot.com

See ya! Angela

{Jamey} said...

I will say none of the above... I would go with something more like explorer! You are exploring new lands in search of the Holy Grail of dental practices! I hope you find it in Henderson! Hope to see pictures soon!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Have you checked the Hairstyles for Girls today? You should. RIGHT NOW!

I want to go get her and love her! Then I thought of you. I am remembering the conversation we had a few weeks ago, but still! Just thought I would make sure you saw it!

Allens, Inc. said...

Don't feel too badly for Kallie. It builds character.