Sunday, December 7, 2008

In the Spirit...

I loved listening to the Christmas Devotional tonight (in between yelling at my kids to be quiet- yikes). The decor, the music, the Spirit, the power of their words. This is what it's all about folks...it's about Christ, it's about family, it's about love, and it's about giving.

We're feeling it around here, even with all of our Christmas stuff packed away in Grandma's shed, we've managed to get in the Spirit of the Season.

Tonight we read: Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

Kallie's letter to Santa (see transcript below) safely tucked away in her stocking.

Photobucket

Little tiny 4' tree from Big Lots and ornaments all from the dollar store...I must admit I was impressed by their selection :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Kallie's letter reads: Dear Santa, What I want for x-mis is a laptop (don't panic...not a real one). I did not just be good. I was awesome. I did not fight with my sister well only a little. I do jobs for my mom. I give gifts to my dad. And I do stuff for my family like take care of dog and do the dishes. Love: Kallie

She's made the NICE list FOR SURE!

10 comments:

Jeppson Clan said...

"I did not just be good, I was awesome." Classic. I love it.

I like how you put the lists in the stockings, I'm going to copy that. We totally forgot about the devotional...thanks for making me feel guilty. I'm going to blame it on 2 sick little boys. Hopefully it will be available to re-watch online.

Kara said...

I think kallie is definetly awesome. So is your 4' tree!

{sheree} said...

Kallie's letter is great; of course she's awesome! It was fun to read her cute letter!

Diane said...

Your post made me feel in the Christmas Spirit. I don't know why but it made me remember as a little girl, during Christmas Eve at our house, full of people... just the Christmas lights would be lit and the front curtains were open, the sky cloudy, and I remember staring out the window wondering where Santa was flying at that moment and would he be at my house soon? I love the magic. I was so excited. AAAH. Now instead I just buy my own Christmas present from Franklin... which has its own magic, I guess.

Jared said...

I like the pictures. The other day we were at a store and there was an advertisement with Santa on it and he was looking at a long list of names. Nathan had to stand there and sound out each name and remembered them all because the next day he was telling all his friends if they were on the list or not. His name wasn't there but we convinced him his name was on the part of the list that was still rolled up.

We figured out that Paul was Dan's companion because his wife was looking at our blog and saw a coment that you posted and then was telling Julie that she couldn't believe how small a world it is and that she remembered Paul would always talk about Elder Norris in his letters. I will pass on the email to him.

{Jamey} said...

The devotional did end up playing on KBYU at 8:00. I agree it was great! I loved the talk by brother Utchdorff (is that how you spell it?) It was a great reminder that sometimes the most humble Christamas' are the most memorable! If that's the case then this should be our most memorable Christmas ever :)

Just Us said...

Cute letter by Kallie. I love it. I also loved the devotional and I love the pictures. Especially the snowflake decoration. It looks so shiny and real, I kind of want to lick it.

Megan said...

All I have to say, is the pictures are beautiful. You sure do have a talent, girl!

Tana said...

Your pictures are so awesome, I wish you were here to give me lessons. What an irresistable Christmas letter!

Allens, Inc. said...

Missed the devotional--had to do a Primary meeting for the upcoming 12-yr-olds and fam's in Primary. Bad timing, I know, but it was the only day available. I heard it was wonderful, hope I can catch it online still. I love Christmas too and I think you and Dan are the best parents. That's why your girls are always making the nice list.