This year we were planning on hanging out at home Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, and then heading up to grandpa & grandma's in the afternoon. We've never really been home Christmas morning since we've had kids...it's just what comes with living far away! So, that was our plan until yesterday's CRAZY snowstorm up north, with another one scheduled for Christmas Eve night. So...do we head out tomorrow morning (earlier than planned) or do we take the risk of not going at all. Yup...you guessed it, we're heading out early!
My original plan for Christmas Eve (since I didn't want to be home feeling sad) was that we would make gingerbread houses. I guess the right word would be 'assemble' gingerbread houses since I bought the kit from Costco (totally worth the money by the way, these things were AWESOME)! So we decided to pull them out tonight and have ourselves some good ol' Christmas fun! We turned on the Mo Tab Christmas DVD and ate candy until our bellies ached!
Kallie's quote of the night: 'This is really the Christmas Spirit mom...can you feel it?!'
Sydney's quote of the night: (referring to her dollar store glasses) 'These got frosting on them, I guess they'll have to be licked!'
Look at the determination on that little face! This frosting was thick stuff...but that's a good thing because that candy wasn't going anywhere!
I was 'attempting' to have an artistic moment and get a cool picture of the colorful candy...when this hand swooped in at the last minute to steal some of the loot!
Attempt #2...by the way (for any who care) these pictures were all taken at 2500 ISO! WOW! Isn't technology amazing...I love NOT using my flash!
Syd's final masterpiece...
Kallie's creation!








7 comments:
YEA! We're glad you're coming early! Don't worry I know Santa will still find you... he always does!
Love the gingerbread houses!!
The girls did such a great job and I love your pictures. I need to get some photography tips from you!
Hope your travels are safe and I agree with the above...Santa will still find you ;)
Merry Christmas!!!
Have a safe and fun trip!! Darling houses! I'll have to do that next year. I heard that the one's at Costco are wonderful and a good deal since you would spend so much buying the candy yourself. I didn't send out cards this year either! We didn't get any pictures done and I don't like sending just a card! Dumb, I know. I might send out "Happy New Year" cards if I get my act together! Merry Christmas to all you guys!! :)
We'll forgive you on the card bit. Sounds like a great plan. I'm half-way considering it myself. Nothing worse than not being where you want to be around the holidays!
the earlier the better, I'm sure Anthony would love a shooting partner.
R
So fun to see your Christmas. We got stranded by that storm and had to wait another day - bummer but it all worked out. I love ISO 2500!
Ooo, Syd's and Kallie's look WAY better than mine did! By the way, you have some good excuses for not sending out cards. Don't worry your thick-haired, crazy little head about it!
Love,
A
Post a Comment