Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Out for a drive...

We had to run a quick errand tonight, and while we were out we decided to drive past the temple. I know I've said it before, but this temple (in my opinion) is the most beautiful temple. The lights & nativity were fun to go see, but let's just say....it's NO temple square.

Photobucket

Photobucket


What you can't really see in the temple pictures is that this is falling from the sky...

My girlies are WAY over the top excited! Should we take bets on whether school is canceled tomorrow???
Photobucket


We headed home because everyone's hands were freezing & the girls went straight to the tub to warm up. Then to top off this lovely (I really mean that) night of snow, we had to have a cup of whipped cream...I mean hot chocolate before bed.
Photobucket

Photobucket


We all got the BIGGEST laugh out of this one...Kallie begging, "P L E A S E can I have more whipped cream?!?"
Photobucket


Wish granted!
Photobucket

We all know that in the WR Valley they don't cancel school even if there's 2 feet of fresh powder...I'm anxious to know when they call it quits around here. I'll let you know!

16 comments:

Just Us said...

I got a few phone calls about 1/2 hour ago informing me that there will be NO SCHOOL tomorrow. You better celebrate with some more whip cream and hot chocolate. We are going to stay up and watch Elf.

{sheree} said...

Seriously...no school tomorrow? hee hee, that's funny!
It was fun to run into you guys tonight! I wish I hadn't been so distracted by my energetic boy scouts!
The snow made the temple even more beautiful, didn't it?

Diane said...

It looks so beautiful and festive. We have had rain for two days straight. I doubt any snow here though. bummer.

Holly Ogden said...

Love Kallie's face! Sounds like a fun night. We have had a little bit of snow, but the -20 degree temps have kept us indoors.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I have to say that I think that the good Lord sent that snow just for you and Jeni and your families. Just to WEEN you off of what a REAL white Christmas is. Just so your not sad when I tell you it was -2 degrees yesterday and warmed all the way up to 6, and we are supposed to get another 8 inches on top of our 3 or 4, today or tomorrow.

See, you didn't even cry or feel sad about missing it did you! It worked didn't it?! You have much to be thankful for! :)

Kara said...

Thats funny because I have a foot of old snow and then another 4 inches that was on the road this morning and I still had to brave it to meet the bus. Because like the wood river valley. I don't think they ever cancel school for snow here=(

Melanie said...

thanks for taking a few pictures of my temple for me. Andy always says you can take the girl out the desert but you can't the desert out of the girl.

{Jamey} said...

I was watching the news last night and they said no school for all of Washington county! What the... we have 6 inches of snow here and we stil have to go! Well enjoy your snow day cause I'm sure you won't see many of those in St. George!

Anonymous said...

That is so crazy St. George got snow. How fun about having a snow day! That is a beautiful picture of the Temple! Are you guys liking your new place?

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie,
This was such a darling post! Loved the picture of the Temple...gives me goosebumps! My favorite picture though was of Callie pleading for more whipped cream--so funny! Thanks for always entertaining in a lovely way! Honestly, who needs t.v or magazines when we've got great blogs like yours?! Plus, it's way more fun when you personally know the author/producer...know what I mean? Truly, thanks for the never ending fun!

CARDON RODEO said...

I love it. Can I have a snow day? I would love to cancel everything I have to do, stay inside and have a warm bath, followed by hot chocolate. Let me know if that's possible.
Rachel.

Jeppson Clan said...

Too fun. We had a snow day on Tuesday. Nothing like a warm/hot bath and hot chocolate to soothe the soul. Miss you girl!

{Lindsey} said...

Yea! Have some hot chocolate with that whip cream. You are the nicest mom ever. The pics of Kallie and Sydney are way cute.
So glad to get to know you better, you are such a sweet person and I feel blessed to know you.

Keri said...

Great pictures. I don't know yet, maybe this is a stupid question but I'm guessing from all the great pictures on this site that you are a photographer? Cute pics of last night. Glad it was a snow day and we got to spend part of it with you. I'm having fun getting to know you.

Kelli said...

We are holed up today, no school because of an ice storm, brrr! Beautiful pictures of the temple!

Jessica said...

So fun!!! I can't believe how much Kalli looks like yoU!!! She's a doll, so is Sydney. It would be fun to see you guys some time. I'll be willing to bet you show up in the neighborhood more often now that you're so close! hey, we're heading down there in February for a soccer tournament!We should stop by!!! Let me know! Cute girls...