Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy B-Day to Me!

It's pretty sad when your sister calls to wish you happy birthday, and when she asks how old you are you have to do some quick math in your head...that's how you know you've officially reached old-aged-ness.

Truthfully, I wasn't expecting too much from today. Dan had to stay in Vegas until 9 o'clock tonight, and I figured it would probably be a little bit of a dud-day. However, I was ok with that because I'm spending 2 days with friends shopping and seeing Twilight. There's no way I'm complaining about a thing!

But then today came...and I was very much most pleasantly surprised (luckily I got my grumpiness out yesterday- that helped).

**I was surprised by all the cards, emails, and phone calls.

**I was surprised by a few gifts that were over-the-top generous (you know who you are).

**I was surprised by lunch with friends that I didn't think was going to happen.

**I was surprised by some b-day $$ in the mail.

**I was surprised by a little boy in his pj's wrapped in a blanket singing happy birthday to me first thing this morning.

**I was surprised that my hubby remembered that my b-day is on the 20th NOT the 19th.

**I was surprised that I didn't care that my girlies picked IHOP for my b-day dinner.

**I was surprised by this delivery at my door...thanks a million!

Photobucket


**I was surprised by Amy singing 'Happy Birthday' from Dawson's hospital room at Primary Childrens...and even more surprised that somehow she did a blog post for me.

**I was surprised that even though I'm older today than I was yesterday...I still feel the same as I did 10 years ago.
Photobucket


**I was surprised by an e-card all about l o n g boobs (which I have...ask Sydney :).

**I was surprised by a beautiful happy birthday hat custom made by Kallie Ann (not the greatest picture...look close).
Photobucket

**I was surprised by a "mood" cup that Sydney made me that has a picture of a smiley face, a straight face and a frowny face, so I can turn the cup to show everyone what kind of mood I'm in. If mama aint happy, aint nobody happy- right?!
Photobucket

**And I was also surprised by a VERY lovely "Snow White" version of happy birthday that was recorded by KayLynn on my answering machine. She may kill me for posting it...and she may even make me remove it, but it was so great I had to document it. Listen while you can...



**I am surprised over & over again by how blessed I am, and how much I love, love, love ALL the wonderful people in my life. Happy birthday to me!

15 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Carrie!! Sounds like a great day!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I was suprised to find myself with tears running down my face while reading this!

Do you know how much I love you?! By the time you read this you will most likely have received a CRUSHING squeeze from me! IN PERSON! WOO HOO! That will make my day!

PLEASE don't remove it! I want to hear it so bad and there aren't speakers on this DANG hospital computer. KayLynn...have mercy!

Melanie said...

Love this post! I can't believe you're friends with snow white, see how lucky you are?!

Jeppson Clan said...

Glad you had a great day. KayLynn sounds just like Snow White! Awesome! I love the strong ending!
Love ya girl!

Adrie Peterson said...

Carrie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was so surprised that I missed it--I looked at my calendar when I read your post and thought, "No way it's 11/21! But it is, and I've missed your b-day. I'm sorry! (Ever since my PDA died, I've not been on top of things like I used to be...no beepings anymore to keep me on track!) Your sister's song was lovely, and I was in shock at how much her speaking voice sounds like you! Really, you two sound very alike. It sounds like you had a super great day--yea birthdays!

CARDON RODEO said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm so glad that like "Chicken Little" Everyday is a new day. We hope all is well, and remember the invitation is always open to stay with us!
Rachel.

{sheree} said...

Happy Birthday Carrie! I had no idea...I'm so glad you had a good birthday! :D

Patti said...

(posted by KayLynn, dad-gum dial up!!! :( )
Dear Carrie,
I will allow you to continue to keep my...lovely...song on your blog as long as I am allowed a disclaimer! I am an ALTO!!! And Snow White never really sings happy birthday, so I was kind of on my own as far as a tune.
So please one and all, laugh all you want, but do not judge me...please.
Oh and Happy birthday again.
Love Ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope it was a great year. After all shouldn't we celebrate the accomplishments and joys from the whole year not just one lousy day from it.

I'm glad to hear you want to adopt when you can!

That is so scary about your car. I would have freaked! We got awoken one night by the police who were looking for a 9 year old boy who had run away. They found him asleep on the grass at the school.

I love Boundin too!

Is that a long enough comment?

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Too funny! I finally heard it (as did Dawson, Ryan, Mal, Jake & a nurse named Diane. Thanks for leaving it for me! It make me laugh!

NICE KAYLYNN~!

Julie Freeman said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

You are so on my calendar and everything so just pretend that I called you on your day ok?!? I am so glad that you had such a wonderful day and I hope you enjoyed your weekend. You truly deserve it!

I am totally impressed with your photography skills. Those pictures ROCK!! I hope you are loving your new camera because you are amazing at it. You are going to love Wendy Schultz. I can't wait for you to take her class. Mine ends tomorrow and I'm sad!

Last but not least that is the BEST happy birthday song ever!!!! Calvin and Matt and I were laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes! She does have a good voice and the trills at the end - oh my! Great job KayLynn!

Love ya Carrie!

{Jamey} said...

Carrie I have to tell you that I had the funniest dream about you last night before I forget it! Maybe it's because your always posting funny things the girls say on here I don't know, but just remember I claim no responsibilty to what my mind does when I'm asleep...

So you went in a had a boob job (I mean nothing by that! Like I said I take no responsibility) and when you came out Kallie decided to name them for you. She named the right boob Tee-Flee Double D and the left boob Daisy. Then you posted the story on your blog and that's where I read it. Maybe I spend too much time blogging or something, but I thought it was soooo funny!

Just Us said...

I am glad to hear that you did have a great birthday. You deserved it cute friend. I love you! I love your KayLynn's snow white voice. She is talented.

Allens, Inc. said...

Now that we're back from the great beyond I can say Happy Birthday!! I'm sorry we were out of any range whatsoever during your actual day. I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you, but it sounds like you were well taken care of by the millions who love you locally. We'll celebrate anyway some day, some how! All my love to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Carrie!!! It sounds like you have great family and friends around you. I love the mood cup and the 'snow white' and I love that you had a fun weekend with friends. Every once and awhile we need that to be the best wife and mom don't you think. Again, I hope you had a great birthday! I am almost 33 and I fill 20 something still, it is crazy how time goes on and our kids grow up and we fill like we don't age. Have a great Day!!