My mom told me that my 'TOP 5' list last week made me sound a little discouraged. Of course I, like everyone else, have moments of feeling a little downtrodden, but I definitely didn't mean to sound discouraged in my post.
So to make up for depressing all of you (even though my background is depressing you more...I keep changing it because I'm not in love with my header & it's coordinating colors, should I change it again?) sorry about that side note...so to make up for sounding discouraged I am going to post a list of some the reasons I'm NOT discouraged:
*because I have 2 beautiful little girls sleeping in the other room.
*because my hubby is working DANG hard to make this new dream of his (ours) into a HUGE success.
*because we have a roof over our head and food in our fridge.
*because the house payment is current on my vacant 2nd home.
*because I'm meeting some friends for Twilight next weekend.
*because I had sour cream lemon pie for dessert.
*because all of my bathrooms are clean (it's true...I know you don't believe me).
*because Jeni helped me figure out on-line bill pay and I'm already singing its praises.
*because both of my girl's teachers RAVED about them at parent teacher conferences.
*because Dan didn't get in an accident when his tire blew this morning.
*because they didn't tell me we had to replace all 4 tires...only 2.
*because we are going to Phoenix for Thanksgiving.
*because I DIDN'T get called as RS President :)
*because my body is healthy and I feel great!
*because Staples took back the toner cartridge that I bought that was the wrong one and I didn't have to pay another $70 for a new one.
*because Syd didn't miss the bus (although it was a close call...run!)
*because I can't wait to see Jon & Kate (plus 8) get re-married in Hawaii.
*because it's fall and there's no snow on the ground.
*because I'm actually liking my new pillow from IKEA (I have pillow issues).
*because our bank accounts are still in the positive...for now.
*because I talked to my grandpa on the phone today.
*because as soon as we have $ we want to adopt a baby.
*because I figured out how to play a song as my cell phone ring tone.
*because I love reading the conference talks in the Ensign.
But mostly...
*because I know that I have a Father in Heaven and a Savior who love me and who have blessed me beyond my ability to comprehend...as long as I stop long enough to open my eyes and see the signs (like this one) of their abounding love. How grateful I am!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Not Discouraged...
Posted by Norris Fam at 11:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Oh Carrie, Carrie, Carrie.
I just luff you!!
Online banking does rock doesnt it. Also I can't wait for jon and kate either. Hey that rymed. hehe Tell dan to work harder (if thats possible) so you can get cracking on that adoption. I can't wait to see you in a week. (I can't believe it is only a week away. Love and Miss you!
Forgot to say I absolutely love your header. I don't have snow on the ground either (well maybe a skiff). And what song is on your ringtone. Just out of curiousity.
Loved the post. So, tell me about your Ikea pillow. I have MAJOR pillow issues, too. That is the only reason I have so many pillows for guests...because I keep buying and replacing. They are never any good.
You are so lovely! Why is it so hard to remember all that we have and are thankful for.
I love you Carrie. That made me a litte teary eyed. You are an absolute blessing in my life and I love and appreciate you more than you will ever, EVER know.
Thanks!! I needed to be brought back to this way of thinking. Love ya!
Very nice, makes me feel grateful for things I have just reading yours.
That is TOTALLY a St. George sunset/rise. How pretty is that?!
I am glad Dan is safe! Yikes!
I CAN'T WAIT to see you next weekend!
Loved your happy thawts(Peter Pan)! We all have days that are a little less fun, but luckily, we have great days too. Loved this post, enjoy your day!
I loved this post but will freely admit I loved last weeks top 5 too. I like to see that side of you. It gives me hope and makes me feel like I am not crazy. On those days when I feel ...not enough (for lack of a better term, you know what I mean.) then of course I feel guilty for feeling this way because I am "seriously, so blessed." and the guilt kind of has it's own introspective cycle of it's own. Then I start to wonder if I am the only one. (It's like that little pancake eating mouse only, "If you give a mom a few minutes to reflect at the end of the day when she hasn't had a shower...then she will think that she isn't ______ (fill in the blank), when she thinks that she isn't ____ she will remember her lack of food storage, which will prompt her to call the cannery, when she hears the answering machine it will remind her that she hasn't written her Grandma Mildred for a long time, when she goes to get the stamp, she will see the bills she forgot to mail...and on and on until she realizes...if only she had taken that shower first thing before tackling all those other projects.) OK, maybe I am the only one who this happens to but the post about not wearing the bra to the bus stop made me feel better. That is all I'm trying to say. I think I might have to do my own blog post about it, I've certainly taken up enough room on yours. so sorry.
Post a Comment