Mark Jensen (my aunt Diane's hubby) wins 'Father of the Year' award for taking the kids hiking in the rain & hail in Snow Canyon on Sunday. Where were the rest of the parents you ask? Sitting in the nice dry car watching through the dripping windshield...how boring are we!
Look close- the white dot in the middle is Mark secretly hoping he doesn't get hit by lightning or carried away in a flash flood...how would he save all the children by himself?
By the time they made it back down there were blue skies and sunshine...then I emerged from the shelter of the Sequoia for a few photos!


Next we took a short walk to an amazing overlook, making sure to jump in every puddle along the way. (I know that is one beautiful outfit...I believe in letting my children express their free spirits through their clothing choices :)

MeDan takes a close second in the 'Father of the Year' contest for finding this weird horned toad lizard thing (can anyone in the Jeppson family identify this little creature)?












11 comments:
HOW FUN!! You know, it is nice that you live in a place where there are SO MANY cool places like that!
I LOVE the drool coming off of the chin. It accents the new ponytail PERFECTLY! :)
BY THE WAY...I believe we are headed to Mexico in June next year. We are TOTALLY planning to swing in, IF you will have us!
Whats wrong with a baby mullet? Paislee happens to be sporting one right now.lol
Did Mark take the babies?
Mud. What a fun place.
I told you Snow Canyon was Awesome!!! We didn't have the mudwhen we went, but at 7 months pregnant I'm not sure I would have been up to it. So much fun!!!!
Look at those babies all grown up!
I am LOVING Kallie's outfit and of course syd is sporting her leotard or swimming suit. Your girls are so dang cute! And I agree with kara, there is NOTHING wrong with a baby mullet =). And that place looks amazing!
Love the shadow picture with you in it! What a great idea. I am going to have to try that.
And I too think that looks like a back drop. What a beautiful place!
Totally looks like a backdrop, are you sure that you didn't green screen it? jk!
Jamey directed me to answer the lizard question, since you clearly REALLY want to know. It is juvenile Horned Lizard, either a Desert Horned Lizard or a Mountain Short-horned Lizard. I would need a shot of its back to tell you which one. (I just posted a guess but looking at it again I need a back shot to be sure)... Horned Lizard is probably enough for you anyway. There you go.
Hope you guys are doing well and are acclimating well to your new location!
Beautiful.
I wish I was there. Really I do.
Love the K's outfit. You are better mom than I.
Awesome pics, awesome commentary, I just love ya!
I want to play in the mud.
joslynn
Post a Comment