Am I the only one who...
*re-washes a load of laundry because it never quite made it to the dryer...
*checks every night before bed to see if the gerbils are still breathing (ya' never know around here)...
*eats dessert after exercising...
*pretty much only yells at the children when they're supposed to be cleaning their room...
*has a little sweet pea who sleeps on top of her covers so she doesn't have to make her bed the next day...
*re-washes a load of laundry because it never quite made it to the dryer...
*checks every night before bed to see if the gerbils are still breathing (ya' never know around here)...
*eats dessert after exercising...
*pretty much only yells at the children when they're supposed to be cleaning their room...
*has a little sweet pea who sleeps on top of her covers so she doesn't have to make her bed the next day...
(I found out this same little one has been sneaking her "glasses" in her backpack and really wearing them at school! How funny would it have been for her to bring home her packet of school pictures with her wearing her dollar store special reading glasses in the photo...don't worry today is picture day and the spectacles are safe at home with me!)Also...a little clarification on my last post (thanks for the nice comments by the way) I'm not down, I'm not depressed...a little lonely at times, but overall I'm feeling great! Just re-evaluating to make sure I'm doing & being the best I can be!
18 comments:
OH my gosh I could have written most of that. I have been known many of times to rewash clothes. I feel like I deserve a treat after excercising (when it rarely happens) and yes krissa often sleeps on the top of her blankets so she doesnt have to make her bed. I guess you could say they are pretty smart. Have fun having lunch with my sis tomorrow I have to say im really jealous=)Next week needs to be top 5 pictures of your house!
WHOA I just had an a-ha moment. That must be where Livianne got her "I'm not sleeping under my blankets, because me bed stays made that way" excuse for not sleeping under her blankets. I have to admit, the bed always looks nice!
I totally re-washed a load today. I am very paranoid it will be stinky if I don't =). And what a cute little sleeping munchkin!
That reminds me, it is 10:30 p.m. and there is a load sitting in my washer right now, I think I put it in there this morning, or was that yesterday...
Re-wash everyday yup!- that is why I am never done! Yell at my kids - yup, and my husband grew up pulling a sleeping bag out from under his bed sleeping on it and straightening the covers he never even touched. Oh and I always have chocolate after exercising, isn't that the point?
I have sat on the couch watching an exercise program or infomercial eating something that was not good for me. How about that? And while I was doing that I am sure I was rewashing a load or two of laundry while my kids were sleeping on top of their beds. So no, you are not the only one. And when I check on the kids at night to make sure they are breathing and still in their beds I also check on Lucy to make sure she is still there and still breathing. I come check on you at night to make sure you are still breathing.
Oh and please don't post pictures of tonight once Dan is home. You might have to have some type of warning on this blog. But please do post pictures of Dan's fishing trip to Alaska.
i love it & admit to doing most. )
How it makes my heart soar to hear so many people do the lame things I do:) You are definitely not alone. By the way, I'm with Jeni, I'd rather not see pics of yours and Dan's reunion. Love you...and can't thank you enough for all your very patient help!!! Maren
Aren't you glad to have your hubby home for longer than 2 days? OH WAIT- Never mind I forgot he is off to Las Vegas today. Well at least you know he'll be home every weekend from now on right ;) I hope it all works out for you guys, you deserve the best! Yeah, I'm glad the baby didn't come last week, but any day now would be just fine with me! If you have any suggestions let me know!
The nice thing about YOUR gerbils is that you can actually multitask by going to the bathroom while making sure that they are still breathing. There were a few times that I would stare at the smaller one while the bigger one was laying on top of him and wonder if he was alive or not.
Thank you Jeni and Maren, too much info! Do you think if I slept on top of the covers Dave would follow my example. Oh wait our house was 60 degrees this morning, I might get a little cold.
Ooo, I like the new look. Very classy. I've been thinking that I'm getting a little sick of my green. Congrats on getting your husband home. I just lost mine to camping/fishing with his bros! He needed the break though. I'll have to update you...
I too have kids that sleep on top of their covers, but only because I insist on it. Life with bunk beds is much easier if you only have to straighten the blankets on top. Glad to hear you are adjusting, hang in there!!
Carrie-I love your blog. I think you're not alone in wondering those things. You always have the best pictures and stuff. Thanks for sharing!
So...I was getting caught up on blog reading on my way home from Powell via my phone...but couldn't leave comments. Your 'been thinkin' blog - I can completely relate. I feel that way often--it isn't that I'm depressed...I understand. You are wonderful, though...and in so many ways I wish I was more like you! Sorry about not calling you when we were in Page...we had to go further out than last time to find a good spot, so we knew we wouldn't be able to make it back to the Marina until Sunday...We may be in Vegas again, though...and I guess we'll see ya for Twilight. Love your posts. I'll forward the Alaska one to ben. He will be so jealous!
I buy vinegar by the gallons to put in with my towels that I continually leave in the washer, it works great. I have one who gets dressed the night before to save time in the morning. Boy they crack me up.
Everything except the gerbils, and only because we don't have any. Ok, even if we did, I probably wouldn't check on them. I'm not really "pet person." Just ask Jenn, I barely kept their hermit crabs alive. Pathetic but true.
Post a Comment