Tuesday, September 23, 2008

{TOP 5} Tuesday...St. George

{TOP 5} reasons we think all of you should move to St. George...

*There are TONS of places to shop (including the dollar store that sells these huge suckers) and TONS of places to eat. This is a great place to live if you want to spend your $$$.
sucker

*It is a great crossroads from here to there. Easy to go see grandma & grandpa, easy to go see Diane, easy to go to San Diego (Oct 16th- yay!), easy for WELCOME guests to stay on their way through, easy to fly out of Vegas (non-stop for less)...

*It is a great place to live because it's not Vegas (believe it or not- Dan's not the only one who commutes!).

*It's a great place to live because it is sunny and oh-so warm! I talked to Maren on the phone yesterday and she was freezing at a soccer game...well, we had just finished swimming. Kallie says she doesn't like it here because she already misses the snow :)

*It is a great place to live because it has the most beautiful temple (that I've seen in person anyway). And I will admit to one and all that I haven't gone yet...but you must realize that I am a single mom right now and I can't wait to go when Dan is a regular part of our family again! Look how beautiful it is, we had so much fun walking around the temple tonight- perfect!
st george temple

temple 1
So if you want me to start looking for townhouses (in my complex of course) let me know! I'll even help you unpack boxes!

12 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, those red flowers next to the temple are gorgeous! St. George sounds so nice! We considered it since Will is warm-blooded.

Hey, I was gonna tell ya, I have no trouble at all paying big bucks to dentists since I know they have earned it. I'd rather pay them than pay my lawyer. LOL. Don't tell Will I said that!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Gosh, you sure can make 112 degree summers look appealing...that is until I remember I WOULD MELT! :)

Those picture, every last one of them, are AMAZING! You are such a good Photog and I don't ever want to hear you say you are not again...DO YOU HEAR ME?! :)

I love you guys! We will see you in November, December & June...and any other trips that I don't know about quite yet! :)

Kara said...

That is a gorgeous temple. I can't wait to see you on friday. Are we still on for lunch? I was watching the news and your low temp there has been the high temp here=(

Kristin and Jay said...

I would LOVE the warm, the Palm Trees, the shopping, and probably everything else. Of course I have NO family that lives that direction so that would be the only downfall. And I would do it in a MINUTE if Jay could open a Viewpoint there =). Although I am trying REALLY hard to find the positives and being comfortable with living here still, so maybe I should stop commenting so Amy doesn't get mad at me =)!

Defa's said...

Wow! I have said it before, but I love your pictures!

Mandi and Adam said...

While we would love to move to St. George (Adam grew up there and still has lots of friends down there), I think the commute to BYU would be a little much. Maybe next time my dad goes down that way the kiddos and I will tag along.

Jelina said...

TOO FUN! I AM JEALOUS! LOVE THE PICS

Diane said...

3-5 years. I hope by then we will not have to look at townhouses but maybe a real house.

Amanda said...

Stop! I'm sad and jealous. Especially because my feet are like icicles right now and I need socks. I'm wearing jeans, a shirt, and a sweatshirt!!! burrrrr

Melanie said...

I am so jealous! Andy and I got married in that temple and I just love (and miss) St George weather

KayLynn said...

Those picks of the temple are amazing! Thanks for letting me come to visit!!

Anonymous said...

Just find my hubby a job and I'd be there in a heart beat. My sister begs for me to move all the time and everytime it starts to get cold I plan a vacation to Vegas.

Awsome pictures, what camera do you use?