Friday, September 12, 2008

The Mighty Fisherman

Commentary by Dan:

Aren't Alaska seagulls beautiful!
alaska 3

The unofficial 'bridge to nowhere'...
alaska 2

alaska 1

alaska 4

Photobucket

alaska 6

alaska 7

We thought we were going to Alaska but we ended up in Japan...
alaska 8

Zane, Dan and Anthony
alaska 9

A record catch in record time!
Photobucket

Anthony had a sore back, but it was amazing how fast it went away when he had a fish on his rod!
alaska 11

The Catch-WARNING: I thought this video was a little graphic and Anthony uses strong language :) so please pre-view before letting any little people watch. Dan told me that the halibut are so big that they have to hit them over the head and kill them before they pull them into the boat or else they may break someone's arm or leg when they flap around.

10 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

WOW! Nice Dan! I only wish were still neighbors so you could cook us up some MEAN halibut!

I bet you had WAY too much fun!

Oh and the whole hitting the fish in a head with a sharp object...well, YIKES! That is gross...and barbaric! :) Ryan's family takes a pistol! They feel a little less connected to the whole thing! :)

Holly Ogden said...

Aaron says:
That's great. You suck.

KayLynn said...

Holy cow. I knew they were big fish, but I never really knew how big. Awesome picks!!!

Kristin and Jay said...

I love how all the guys stand back and let the little guy pull in the fish that is as big as he is. Looks like fun....that is if you like to fish=). Oh...Did you meet any of the men from "The Deadliest Catch"? =)

{Jamey} said...

Wow! Those halibut really are big! Now there's proof that they really did catch a fish --------- that big! I hope you don't mind I borrowed some of your pictures since we Zane forgot his camera. Looks like they had fun, and I hear they are already trying to plan the trip for next year~ Lucky Us!

Kara said...

Those are some amazing pictures. Brian is really jealous. He wants to go next year but he may have said a few worse words than were in the video=)

Chandee said...

So I watched the video, and I now I feel bad for those poor little fish! Just swimming along eating all day, then a thin wire starts pulling you out of the water and then wham you are hit on the head! I may have to rethink letting Jay go next year.

{Jamey} said...

Carrie, how do you remove your blog from Google search? I remember you telling me there was a way to do it. After I posted the pictures of Alaska I had over a hundred hits to my blog and some random people left comments! AH!

CARDON RODEO said...

Those really are big fish, and as for Anthony's language, well let's just say that's one word even my mom says on occasion!.

Amanda said...

Poor, poor little fishy.:(