Sunday, September 21, 2008

Oh Kallie...

This little girl wants to do her own hair for school...what do I do???
kallie 2


And for those of you who wanted to know- I changed my blog template to the 'minima stretch'. I did the header in Photoshop at 950 pixels wide and I downloaded my pictures off Photobucket. It will probably be different again tomorrow too :)

15 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

LET THEM! What is it going to hurt? It might get crazy, but the girls will feel confident and proud of themselves! DO IT! (Then post plenty of pictures of their "creations".

Plus, they have to learn sometime! AND it will be a load off of you!

Kara said...

It actually looks really good. I know your pain though. Krissa would wear her hair in a pony tail every day if she had her choice.

Megan said...

I can't believe she is old enough to be asking you this! I still remember the first time I saw her! It was the day you guys moved in to CoralRidge and she was a tiny baby! I say let her and do take lots of pictures. She sure is a pretty girl! :)

Just Us said...

I'm kind of wishing my girls would want or have the desire to do their own hair. I can just see myself when Sam is in High School getting up to do her hair..."HOw would you like your hair today, Ponytails, pigtails or down today?" Let her do it for sure.

Holly Ogden said...

She is such a cute girl. I love this picture of her.
I would have a hard time letting Grace do her hair...is it time for that already? I guess sometimes we just have to let go. Can't wait to see pictures!

Jeppson Clan said...

My opinion doesn't really count since I have all boys. Keep in mind that I also kind of have control issues about what my boys wear etc. But if I did have a darling daughter like Kallie I would:
Practice a few hairstyles at home until you are o.k with the ones she does. You could take pictures of different styles she likes and put them up for her to choose from every day, and also pictures of the ones that need help from mom.

But seriously what do I know? All I do is put hair glue on my boys and spike it up. I do have issues with them trying to do their own as well. Mainly Asher but he is only 3.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the what the Jeppson clan said. I think practicing is a great idea. Just think the sooner she starts doing it the sooner she will be proficient at it. What do I know though. I'd die if Kelsey wanted to do her own hair. I guess because I take it as a reflection on me if it looks sloppy. I just keep the boys short enough that all it does is spike up and doesn't require maintenance.

Anonymous said...

p.s. Thanks for the blog instructions, I was wondering.

Jelina said...

I was a nanny when I was 18 and the daughter was really into dressing herself and doing her own hair--it was pretty scary, but the mom--who I love to death--said "My self esteem is not based on what my kids look like" I often have to remember that when Bryce insists on wearing the same mismatched outfit 4 days in a row. :) It gives them a sense of self.

Betsy said...

I am dreading the day Liv gets this idea. I don't know what I will do. Good thing Kallie is so darn cute, she would look good any way her hair is fixed =0).

Amanda said...

Tell her you need to do an inspection each day, to check for flyaways or something like that! Independence, it's what we're teaching them from infancy.

Beck Family said...

Let her do it, I remember when Karady wanted to start doing her own hair, I was really hard for me to let go and just let her do it, so one day I took the time to show her a few easy ways for her to do her hair, adn ya know it has been really nice having her do it herself, yes, there are some days I just have to look away, but I know there were days, and I have plenty of pitures to show for it, when I started doing my own hair, that wow,not so cute.

Jessica said...

In our family, we choose our battles. I do hair on Sunday and on other special days!!! Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

thats a cute picture of syd liking a lollypop love Maci,

Anonymous said...

thats a cute picture of syd liking a lollypop love Maci,