Tuesday, July 15, 2008

{TOP 5} Tuesday...moving company

{Top 5} reasons if I had a spare $7,000 laying around (or an employer who wanted to foot the bill) I would be paying a moving company to move us...

1. Junk- we have a lot of it and I don't want to deal with it.
2. Boxes- you never have enough and they're never the right size.
3. Work- it's a lot of work. I'd rather be at Shorty's eating breakfast (Kara) while someone packs up my kitchen.
4. Furniture- it's heavy (have you seen our dining room table? Dan says it weighs 1,000 lbs).
5. Pain- This is one in my rear :)
and an extra just for fun...
6. Lazy- I am.

12 comments:

Jared said...

Where are you guys moving? I know what you mean about collecting “junk”. I hope we never have to move again. If we do, it will take us months to pack!

Jared

Betsy said...

I feel for you. I hate packing....!

Anonymous said...

I looked at our furniture and realized that we have purchased almost all of it since we moved in this house. The thoughts of moving all of it makes me crazy. I guess we will live here forever. Good luck with the move.

Kara said...

I guess i should have never of told you that we went to breakfast while they packed=) Looks like you are having fun packing. While im in the middle of a bunch of boxes unpacking. Although I am picking and choosing what to unpack and what to just leave in the box. Who knows how long we will be here. FYI im breaking down all my boxes and keeping them for the next move=)

KayLynn said...

Your house is starting to look like mine. Oh wait, you are moving and I am not. Something is wrong with that! I wish I was there to help!

{Jamey} said...

Yeah, I feel for ya. I was just there a month ago. We ended up making several trips to the dump and the DI which I thought at the time was a refreshing idea (getting rid of extra stuff that we don't need), but I hope that when we get setteled into our own house again that we actually have some stuff to unpack! I'm a little worried that we went overboard with the getting rid of stuff! Anyways good Luck with the move!

The Hills said...

Since I don't believe that your house is ever messy. I'm pretty sure you just took a bunch of your stuff and tossed it around the laundry room so that you would fit in with the rest of us. And THEN I'm positive that after taking that picture you quickly cleaned it up again. Nice try, Carrie, but we know the truth.

Kristin and Jay said...

I was going to say the same thing as Maren. Even with you moving your garage is more organized than mine! If you need any help I am a pro! Well not really, but I am here to help =)

Kara said...

Amen Marin! We know your house is never messy. Good try carrie=)

Holly Ogden said...

moving is such a pain. but I always find it refreshing to unpackeverthing in a new house and for a very short time everything is in the right place! good luck with the move. we need to talk! it has been too long.

[BrookeO] said...

Oh Carrie!!! I wish I could come help!
OK. I swear I read every day, but I am lost..where are you moving? I thought for a min. LV, but then I thought SG...AND when?
HELP ME!!!

Allens, Inc. said...

I think you just took a picture of your house right after we left you guys last week. Are you sure none of that is our's? Have fun, my friend!