Here's a trip down memory lane (for me at least). The 'TOP 5' list for today are the 'TOP 5' houses Dan and I have lived in since we've been married. We've actually lived in 6, but I left our Hailey rental out because we weren't there very long.
#5- Our very first, yucky, dark basement apartment in Provo that we thought was totally wonderful! (Sorry the pictures are hard to see on this old scrapbook page)
pro's- newlyweds, cheap-o, close to family, new carpet...um, those are all the pro's I can think of.
con's- dark, cracking plaster walls, HUGE bugs that looked like a cockroach/centipede combo and could run like crazy, power went out every time I used my blow-dryer, haunted (seriously).
#4- Our second (much nicer) basement apartment in the east foothills of Salt Lake.
pro's- 3 bedrooms, still cheap-o, red shag carpet, incredible view of the valley, landlady was a Chinese Jehovah's Witness, Kallie came home here, close to the U of U, loved it!
con's- landlady controlled the thermostat...we were sweating most of the time, no dishwasher, can't think of any others, it was great!
#3- Coralville, Iowa. Coralridge apartments (this is the only picture I could find, the day we moved out, that's my Dad's semi waiting to be loaded).
pro's- made it to dental school (yay), lifelong friends, government subsidized (don't hate us), Sydney came home here, fire flies, thunderstorms, cornfields, Nauvoo, dishwasher, and did I mention lifelong friends!
con's- crazy neighbors upstairs (j/k Jamey =), never saw my hubby, far from family, student loans, tornados.
#2- Big move into real life, Meridian, Idaho. How sad that this is the only picture I could find, Dan hanging X-Mas lights, this picture doesn't do this cute house justice.
pro's- first house, real job, swimming pool & playground in subdivision, great friends, closer to family, mild temps, shopping.
con's- Dan not busy at work, first mortgage, no money, had to sell in less than a year =(
#1- Current house, Bellevue, Idaho. You've all seen photos so I decided to post some of the house being built.
pro's- fun to decorate, big backyard, quiet neighborhood, business owner, more terrific friends, beautiful summers.
con's- endless winter, business owner job stress, over-priced housing, lack of shopping, flat paint.

Ahhh, what a journey this life if. Full of learning, growing, moving and changing. Some good changes some bad, but like KayLynn's blog says 'find the joy' because there is plenty of joy to find. (Now if I could just get my hubby to stay put and sit still for 5 minutes...yeah, right!)
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
{TOP 5} Houses we've lived in!
Posted by Norris Fam at 3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Your first apartment is hilarous. Its funny how we make do when we are first married because we are so happy to be together and because we have other things to do besides worry about what the house looks like. ;)
I miss the days of Coral Ridge Apartments. Such fun memories we made there!
Oh yes mini Provo (Coralridge). I'm thankful you guys had foodstamps so you could feed us! You and the Ogden's are so awesome!
Don't we miss Linda the landlady? Those years are one of my favorite blocks of time.
I loved seeing those pictures. I think you should have told about the haunted first apartment. Or you could save it for Halloween. SCARY! I have never seen your house in Boise. SOOOO cute. Is that a four car garage.
I almost cried when you talked about your appartment in Iowa. Our vacation to visit you was one of my most memorable. It was so fun, and so beautiful! Memorie Lane, what a bitter sweet location that is.
Memory lane is fun, but crazy to think of the places we have lived. I loved coralridge too, I heard Linda is in jail for embezzlement or something like that. Crazy huh? I love reading you blog!
Post a Comment