Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WARNING!

I feel like I should make a public statement about the dangers of....RED SPRINKLES! Don't use them, don't eat them, don't buy them and don't keep them in your cupboards.

This is what happens when sprinkles are spilled on the carpet and then sprayed down with water from a spray bottle. Our friend (a professional carpet cleaner) came and tried to get it out. He used the strongest chemicals he had, he even had me sign a waiver against any damage that the chemicals may cause to the carpet...but NO! The stain did NOT come out! He said he can get kool-aid and Popsicle out, but not red sprinkles--go figure! (Thanks for trying Jason!)

So needless to say, this sweet little petunia spent quite some time in her room! She kept opening her door to ask if she could come out yet. And I kept saying NOOOOO! Finally she opened her door and said, "Mom, if you don't let me out...I'm going to pick the scab off my elbow!"

Nice threat Syd, now get back in your room!!! (and maybe stay there 'till you're 21 =) by the way, it's a good thing that I love you a lot!

8 comments:

Kara said...

I love the "I will pick my scab if you don't let me out". That his hilarious

Kristin and Jay said...

That face couldn't hurt a fly =)

Diane said...

I've been anxiously awaiting this post. Oh my!!! Maybe your Mom wants to take her for a few years:} I can't believe that bleach did not even touch it. Perhaps Syd could learn how to install carpet.

Jeppson Clan said...

Wow, Thanks for the tip! She is too cute. Wasn't it your mom who said, "take pictures first, get mad later?"
:)
Sorry about your carpet.
We had a similar situation with yellow easter egg dye. Argh.

[BrookeO] said...

I think when we grab our camera and think instantly this is going on the blog, it seems to ease the anger a tiny bit. She is adorable none the less and you better believe I am throwing out all red sprinkles. Thanks for the trial and error in all our behalf.

I love ya!

Holly Ogden said...

Syd is so cute! How can you get mad at a face like thar?
Thanks for the warning.

KayLynn said...

I'm sure that that is exactly what you needed right now, concidering the whole house thing. How big is the spot, and where is it located? I think the cuter the face the more mischief they think than can worm their way out of. At least that's how it seems to work at our house. Good luck!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I think that Heavenly Father must have known that she would need to have such a sweet little face! It does make it a little harder to tie her up by her toes! LITTLE STINKER!

I LOVE YOU CARRIE! I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU! I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you SO much today! I hope your day is better!