Tuesday, April 15, 2008

{TOP 5} Tuesday! A fly on the wall...

Maybe I'm just nosey, but sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a fly on the wall in other people's houses. I would love to see what their lives are REALLY like, and I would either feel bad about myself because they are all getting along, feeling happy in their beautifully clean home, or I might feel normal if things are sometimes hectic and chaotic.

So today are the 'TOP 5' things you might see if you were a 'fly on the wall' at our house.

(Youngest to Oldest)

#5- Beau spends probably 3/4 of his day laying on the back of the chair in our living room staring out the window. He likes to be able to see if there is somebody walking by or a car driving down the street that he needs to bark at. He's a good watch dog...and I'm sure one day he will protect our home from a theif =)

#4- Sydney LOVES to sit in the sink and make 'soup' and 'shakes' out of left over food on plates, dish soap, hairspray or anything else she can get her hands on. It is soooooo disastrous, but sometimes it is worth it to me because I know where she is and most of the time the mess stays contained to a small area. (Look at that face...she just looks like she is up to no good!)

#3- Kallie LOVES to lay in bed at night and listen while I read to her. We have read some good books and our current pick is 'Charlotte's Web'. I am pretty sure that I enjoy this time as much as my girls do and if you have any book suggestions let us know.

#2- I like to waste as much time as possible on the internet emailing, shopping and blogging (just kidding about the wasting time part). It's probably kind of like being a fly on the wall when I'm reading the blog of a strange person I don't even know.

#1- And finally Dan, he is a HUGE fan of the new TV we got in our bedroom. He is loving being able to lay in bed and watch whatever fishing show or crime scene investigation that catches his interest. Actually, we are all liking this one! On Friday we all piled into the bed and watched a movie from Atkinsons, very fun!


So there you have it, the 'TOP 5' things you might find us doing at our house if you were a fly on the wall!!!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Thats is definetly a typical im up to no good syd face. haha. Have you read kallie the little house in the prarie books. I loved those when i was little. But hey I still watch little house and the prarie:)

KayLynn said...

The best day of my life (almost) was the day we got a TV in our room. I finally fell asleep in bed instead of on the living room floor. It was WONDERFUL! Also if Dave has a boy's night out it is really fun for "the girls" to pile on and watch a chick flick with popcorn.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Well, now that you have a TV in your room, I might just give in and get one for mine. There is just nothing like cuddling up in bed for a movie, then hitting "off" on the remote and sinking comfortably back down into bed to sleep!

That IS a funny Syd face! I still laugh about the hairspray thing! What a stinker!

Have you read James and the Giant Peach yet? That was one of my very favorite in school. Another favorite was "The Chocolate Touch" SO FUNNY!