Tuesday, April 1, 2008

{TOP 5} Tuesday!

Today's list is the 'TOP 5' things my next house will have that this one doesn't (in an ideal world). And don't get me wrong, my house is great and I love it, but a girl can dream right???

#5 (This is sort of a dumb one I admit) I want a TV in my kitchen, or one I can see from my kitchen so I can watch something while I'm doing dishes. I think this would make the time rinsing and scrubbing go faster. But don't feel too sorry for me because this is the view out my kitchen window!!!


#4- A 3 car garage would be nice, then we might be able to fit our 2 cars in and still be able to open the doors to get out. Plus, then we might have room for all the extra junk we don't really need :)


#3- I would love an office that is ONLY an office (not a play room/library/pretend school etc.)! I would love to be able to shut (and lock) the door, and know that no little people are stamping 'Wood River Dental' all over their bodies or coloring with highlighter things that shouldn't be colored. And yes, I know my desk is a mess but I decided to show it like it is instead of making you all believe that my stuff is clean and organized.


#2- My next house will have solid surface counter-tops (quartz or granite) without grout lines to collect who-knows-what and catch crumbs all day!


#1- I would love it if my next house had a big, bright open basement (this one may never happen). I think it would be so nice to have a place to store these...

and hide this...


I really do love my house, I don't have one single thing to complain about!!!

Also, I think it would be fun to do a "Parade of Homes" blog style. Whether you live in an apartment, a mansion or your parent's basement, I think it would be fun to take photos so we can tour each other's homes. Anyone game???

8 comments:

Kara said...

Im with you on the now grout lined countertops I hate that. My mom has a tv in her kitchen on top of her fridge and she loves it. And yes I would think it was way fun to do a parade of homes blog style.

Anonymous said...

carrie- I love your blog. Your family is darling! I think blogging is a great way to keep in touch and it sounds like so much fun you have been having. It was fun to see Holly's blog thru yours. thanks

Diane said...

I'll be happy to Parade of Home my rental... I think people would be especially impressed with the fence in my backyard... Don't you think. I really would love to see other people's house. Great Idea

Jeppson Clan said...

I'm in if we have a date set far enough in the future that I can get my house cleaned up! I guess I can do one room at a time take a picture and you'll never know that the rest of the place is a wreck. Because it is. Don't let your memories of Iowa fool you. I didn't have children then! :)

Jeppson Clan said...

Do you run into your wall while on your treadmill? I think I would panic, but I'm not a very peaceful runner. Remember the "Friends" episode of Phoebe and Rachel going running? Yeah that's me, I'm Phoebe. That's probably why I prefer the Elliptical.

Jelina said...

Parade of Homes? Sure..people keep bugging me to take pictures of the inside...i just keep putting it off until I have it decorated more--but who cares, right!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I posted pics a long time ago, but I can't find them. I guess they are on our old blog. I will re-post them, just for fun!

Kristin and Jay said...

I think everyone has seen a million pictures of my house? I love it so much I post them every month =). Just kidding. I agree with the 3 car garage. Its fabulous! That was one thing from our last house we learned never to do again!