Monday, March 10, 2008

Yeah, I'm back!!!

In case any of you haven't noticed, my hubby and I have been having a little bad luck lately. First our roof leaking, then our freezer dying, and the latest...our computer TOTALLY died! I'm talking we went to Best Buy and bought a whole new hard drive. Luckily my pictures were all saved to an external hard drive so they are safe. So now I am back up and running and hopefully bad luck comes in 3's and now we're done!

Dan and I got to spend the weekend in Vegas at a Mercer Training Meeting with some of his staff. We were in meetings ALL day and believe me, my buttocks was tired of those conference room chairs! It was a great meeting and we all learned a lot, and although some of the changes at the office that need to be made are not fun, I feel like the things they taught us will be for the best in the long run.

Here are a few photos from our trip:

We stayed at the Venetian Hotel, here is the hallway coming off of their main lobby.

The view out our 7th story window. I told Dan it looked like the 'Great and Spacious Building' and unfortunately we were IN it!

Dan and Jared & Maren in a little plaza INSIDE the hotel, it totally looks like you are outside. This was the closest thing to sunlight we saw for days!

We went and saw Phantom of the Opera with the Hills. It was excellent!

This is Imtiaz, the main speaker at the meeting. They gave out Pooh Bears to anyone who was pregnant or wanted to be pregnant. And they said that the rumor is that if you have Imtiaz kiss your bear it will bring you good luck! So of course I had him kiss my bear only to have it stolen right off my chair in the conference room. That can't be a good sign to have the lucky bear swiped :(

And finally, right before heading for the airport, we had our first visit to In-N-Out. I've never been in a fast food restaurant that has a line that starts at the door and goes the length of the building and across the front to the cash registers. It was crazy! All Dan could say was that they weren't charging enough for their burgers!


Overall we had a great trip! Thanks to my Mom, KayLynn and Dan's Mom for helping out with the girls. We really appreciate it!

8 comments:

Kara said...

Looks like you had fun. Im so glad your back. Now I can stalk your blog again.

The Hills said...

I've got one word for myself...black bra. Carrie I thought we were close enough for you to tell me when I'm wearing something embarrassing:)

Holly Ogden said...

Hey Carrie! I am so glad you are back online. I love looking at your blog. By the way, did you know I went to high school with Jared Hill?

Kristin and Jay said...

Looks like fun, minus the meetings =). Jay and I saw Phantom and he hated it =(. I liked it though, the things they do with the stage are amazing. And I LOVE in n out burger! If we are in Cali that is definitely one of our stops. We are all glad you are back and running, I was getting sad when there was no new posts to read =) And Maren, you are so funny! You just wanted everyone to notice your fabulous bust line =) Hey you were in Vegas right!!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Yeah, seriously Maren! I bet you fit right in there! :D

For the record, maybe they should change the price of their burgers, but they should DEFINATELY change their name. It sounds like there was nothing "In N Out" about it! The only line I am willing to stand in that long is the one at CAFE RIO! Mmmmmmm!

I am glad you are back too, by the way! :)

Jelina said...

Glad you are back! Phanton sounds like a worth it show for the money. :) Maren, I didn't even notice the bra things until the comment...then I had to go back and look to see what you were talking about you. You still hardly notice, anyway, but thanks for pointing it out. :)

Kara said...

Ok where is top 5 tuesday?

Darlene said...

I loved the great and spacious building.