Have you ever wondered what a "pet peeve" is exactly? Well, since it is Tuesday and I'm going to share my 'Top 5' pet peeves with you, I will fill you in on the exact definition.
The dictionary described pet peeve- as an opportunity for complaint that is seldom missed. I don't know exactly why, but that sort of struck me funny! So (just to be a brat) here are the {TOP 5} items that I seldom miss complaining about...
(In no particular order because they are all ridiculous really!)
#5- When someone is asked to put something away, they give it a very poor attempt, and the item (if it's lucky) ends up in the general vicinity of where it should be or just stashed in some corner where mom, hopefully, won't notice it. This is probably bothering me more lately because with a house up for sale (even if you only have one person come through every other month) you never know exactly when that showing will be and you have to be semi-prepared at all times. So...I very rarely miss the opportunity to whine and complain when someone does not make the effort to put things away in their correct spot.
#4- When Beau wants me to throw his ball and I don't want to (which happens often), he follows me around and every step I take he sits on my foot. When I take another step, he shuffles quickly so he can sit on my foot again...I think you would all agree that would be annoying!
#3- Why is it that I seem to be the only person in my house who can hear the phone??? It is an extremely rare occurrence when anyone other than yours truly will answer when someone calls. The other day, we were expecting Jeni to call because Dan and Nate were going to the church to set up tables and chairs. I got in the shower (how dare I) when Jeni called to tell us that Nate was heading out. The phone rang and rang, I knew it was her so I'm in the shower yelling, "Someone answer the phone!" But no...no one did! Why? Did they not hear it? Could they not find it? No...they just don't want to bother themselves. If you ever call and my hubby picks up the phone, you should feel very honored because he rarely does that even if it's me calling!
#2- My sweet little Kallie, for some unknown reason, has gotten in the habit of sucking/chewing on a chunk of hair. And oh, believe me I NEVER miss the opportunity to complain about this! Truthfully it grosses me out! I keep threatening, and one of these days I just going to do it, I'm going to grab the scissors and cut that chunk of hair right off! Please give me some advice about how to break her of this yucky habit! (By the way, she totally posed for this picture. Can't you tell by the smirk in her eyes?)
#1- Can I even tell you how crazy it makes me when I'm walking through my kitchen and crunch! I step on some piece of cracker, cereal, pretzel or who knows what that someone has dropped and instead of picking it up, they left it on the ground for me to step on and crush into a thousand pieces. I have literally watched (small & big people alike) drop something, look at it, and walk away...what's up with that!?! Not quite sure why this one gets under my skin, probably because it happens on such a regular basis. Seriously...pick it up!
So, now that you are all tired of my whining and complaining, and now that I've successfully convinced you that I'm a real nag...PLEASE share with me some of your pet peeves so I don't feel like such a jerk!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
{TOP 5} Tuesday...Pet Peeves
Posted by Norris Fam at 9:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Im right there with you on the my little girl sucking on her hair. If you think of a cure. Please let me know:)Im also right there with you on everything except the phone. I have to race to get the phone from one of my kids. Because we rarely get a phone call. Its like christmas to us:)
I think everyone who reads this will agree with your PP's. You're not alone! Well, except for the phone thingy....
They sound like legitimate complaints to me especially the poor attempts to put things where they really go! My biggest pet peeve is when Bridger takes the couch cushions off of the couch to make a "castle". It would be ok if it was just every once and a while, but NO this is a daily thing! And the worst part is he doesn't know how to put them back on the right way so everyday he tears them off and everyday I have to put them back on!! Very ANNOYING! The next couch I buy WILL have the cushions sewn directly to the couch!
I like your pet peeves. A few others that I noticed about myself in college:
1. When you are in an empty public restroom, and someone comes in and takes the stall RIGHT next to yours.
2. Library or Testing center, same thing and a stranger comes and sits RIGHT next to you.
3. When people commit to doing something and don't follow through.
Yes, I realize I might have spacial issues. :)
I totally used to chew on my hair Carrie! I think there are TONZ of girls that did. When I googled it people said to cut it super short so they grow out of the habit faster, or always keep it in a braid. Seriously, I wouldn't stress. The biggest thing it provides is comfort...who knows why..but it is like a blanket or whatever. She will get over it.
Pet Peeves.....
1. Dan not answering the phone
2. Listening to my father in law
eat...we used to call it
smacking when I grew up. When
it is loud and obvious...ugh!
Don't worry, if you are a
"smacker" and it ever bothers
me, I will just ask something
like, "hey, are you getting
that all chewed" then you will
know! HA! :)
3. Giving directions to my hubby
or son, only to later find out
that when they said they were
listening...THEY WEREN'T!
4. Cornuts at a movie theatre
5. Talking to my sister or mom on the phone while they are TOTALLY carrying on conversations with other people in the room with them! Seriously! :)
5. Adults "chatting" loudly while you are trying to give a RS lesson...yep I saved the best for last!
Phew, that felt good to get off my chest! Thanks Carrie! :)
good ones amy!!
-Walking into the kitchen and every single cupboard is open including the microwave. Seriously how hard is it to close the cupboard after opening it!
-People who talk on there cell phone(Jay) and they are talking so loud you can barely hear yourself think.
-People who drive slow and don't get in the slow lane.
-Adults chatting loudly in the background while giving a sharing time lesson =)
-K I could go on and on.......
I am so glad to hear that you have PP. I always say that you are the closest thing to a saint that I know, so sometimes it is good to hear you complain. I would add a little to that list.
1: When I become the secratery instead of the wife. Really honey if you want to know the price of eggs at 3 different stores, please call them your self. Or if you forgot to call so-and-so and let them know you can't make it tonight, is that really my job? (sorry honey I really do love you. :) )
2: I can't find my...(fill in the blank). When my house is a mess because as you said in yours no one seems to find the right home for stuff, then I spend the whole day, mom where is my shoes? Where is my doll? Really, if you put it away Madam Wheeler wouldn't have to look in her crystal ball and magically see where you decided to plop the thing in the first place.
Post a Comment