We decided to spend a nice long Memorial Day weekend visiting our families in Utah...
We had a great time (as usual) and I had fun taking a few photos before my camera battery died. And as I have said before, I have a problem with grabbing the wrong charger (this is a hazard when you have 2 cameras). So, when I got home I got out my trusty Sharpie and marked which charger goes with which camera so I won't ever be photo handicapped again. The reason I was so sad that this happened was Dan's mom had a tree that had a beautiful little nest with 4 perfect little aqua blue robin eggs in it...oh how I wanted to take a hundred pictures of it (not really) and instead I got none (poor me). I think I will go buy an extra battery so this never happens to me again!!!
For today... the {TOP 5} things we did in Utah that I DID get pictures of!!!
#5- Yard work
Ok, we didn't do very much yard work (we did help my parents a little) but mostly we get to look at the beautiful fruits of their labors...


#4- Roley-Poley (sp???) Bug Hunts!
The more you can catch the better, the trick is getting them all to stay in your hands!


#3- Tree Climbing at Grandma Sherry's
Kallie
Cousin Kelsey
Sydney (can she even see out of those eyes???)
One nest of robins that had hatched the day before (still mad about the blue eggs in the other nest).

#2- Grandpa Charlie's birthday barbecue in the rain...Kamie saves the day by finding shelter from the storm! She would build an ark too if she needed to :)

#1- The highlight of the trip for me was taking my cute grandpa out to breakfast for his birthday. Nothin' better than Denny's right?!?
For today... the {TOP 5} things we did in Utah that I DID get pictures of!!!
#5- Yard work
Ok, we didn't do very much yard work (we did help my parents a little) but mostly we get to look at the beautiful fruits of their labors...


#4- Roley-Poley (sp???) Bug Hunts!
The more you can catch the better, the trick is getting them all to stay in your hands!


#3- Tree Climbing at Grandma Sherry's
Kallie
Cousin Kelsey
Sydney (can she even see out of those eyes???)
One nest of robins that had hatched the day before (still mad about the blue eggs in the other nest).
#2- Grandpa Charlie's birthday barbecue in the rain...Kamie saves the day by finding shelter from the storm! She would build an ark too if she needed to :)

#1- The highlight of the trip for me was taking my cute grandpa out to breakfast for his birthday. Nothin' better than Denny's right?!?




5 comments:
Looks like you had fun. Your pictures are all so cute. To bad we missed out on the eggs:)
that was so cute of Grandpa!! He really enjoyed the day and I know what you all did made it special. Thanks for being so kind and giving.
Apparently it doesn't matter if they are cute roley poleys...I still got the hibee gibees looking at those little hands holding so many bugs:) Looks like you had a great time in Utah!
I've been wondering where you've been. Looks like you had such a good time. I love the pics you got.
Cute pictures Carrie, but I have to say that the pictures of you with your Grandpa are my favorite. I just want to give him a big hug. There is just something about cute Grandpa's that make me want to hug them. It makes me sad that I don't have a Grandpa around to hug anymore.
Post a Comment