I had my cute friend Maren's little boys over on Friday while she went to the dentist (her hubby not mine). And silly me was in my bathroom curling my hair (it was my anniversary after all), when this cute little face came into my bathroom. Noah was COVERED in a white powdery substance and I knew immediately that two bigger children were into trouble!!!
So even though I was afraid, I made my way into the kitchen and found this...
"What is going on?!?" I cried (literally :). And the story I was told was that they climbed the shelves in my pantry and found a can of powdered milk. So Preston and Sydney couldn't resist the temptation and began grabbing handfuls of powdered milk and throwing it into the kitchen. "We were pretending it was snowing!" they told me.
So I told them to stay in the kitchen until it was all cleaned up (mistake #1).
But when it wasn't sweeping up very well, they decided to use cloths soaked with water. (mistake #2) Let me just tell you (so this doesn't happen to you) that powdered milk mixed with a little water spread all over the floor quickly turns into a paste that is very hard to clean up and gets into all the cracks and knots of the hardwood floor.
So the moral of this story is...don't curl your hair even if it IS your anniversary!!!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
"It's snowing inside"...excuse me?!?
Posted by Norris Fam at 7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I AM SORRY!
BUT I do love your kitchen, it is so cute. Infact I would love a tour of your house...!!!!
Oh my goodness!! Yikes. I am so sorry. But it looks like you still had a wonderful anniversary. I love your blog title...how did you do that?
That is so funny! Everyone says they are sorry, but it cracks me up! I guess sorry that you had to clean it up, but a funny story nontheless =)
I think you should start a picture book of all of the naughty things that Syd gets herself into... i.e. coloring on your new end tables etc.
Kristin....keep laughing sister! There will come a day that you will call Carrie crying and tell her that you really didn't mean that it was funny! :) Of course, my kids are angels and would NEVER consider doing anything like this! :)
Oooo, I just remembered it is Tuesday! I can't wait for the top 5!
That one made me laugh. I'm sorry. I'm sure it was not fun to clean up.
Post a Comment