Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday {TOP 5}

So every Tuesday (thanks to Amy's inspiration) I'm going to do a {TOP 5} list! This "top 5" theme is in honor of the pizza guy in Bellevue. (If you don't know the pizza guy story, consider yourself lucky! If you WANT to know the story let me know).

Today's {TOP 5} list is in celebration of my hubby and I's anniversary this week. So here goes:

The {TOP 5} Funny things from our wedding (12 years ago!):

#5 Ran out of refreshments and served almost all of our cake (notice all layers are gone but the top).

#4 The nice HUGE puffed sleeves on my wedding dress!

#3 Dan's ex-girlfriend came through our line and then sat on the floor right at the end of our line. We're talking that she sat there for probably 45 minutes...get a clue!

#2 Dan's father's hair in this picture...I think it is hilarious. Very Lanny like!

And the big numero uno #1 Our wedding luncheon at Golden Corral. Yep, you heard that right, Golden Corral. What were we thinking? Wedding lunch on Lanny, we should have experienced some fine dining not load 'um up and move 'um out food. YUCK!

I would like to say that nobody is responsible for these funny wedding planning decision besides my hubby and myself. My parents were (and are) very loving and supportive and did not force any of these crazy choices upon us.

Oh well! Twelve awesome years and we have loved every minute! Maybe one day these pictures will have a classic "vintage" look to them, but for the time being they are just a little shall we say... 90's.

Stay tuned next Tuesday for another {TOP 5} in honor of the pizza guy!

8 comments:

{Jamey} said...

OH MY FUNNY! Those pictures are hilarious! That was the Norris family before I joined the crowd. I don't know if I would have married into such a funny looking family if I'd seen these pictures before (especially of my future husband~ Is that really Zane?) Just Kidding! I'm sure I looked just as funny, it was after all the 90's!

Kara said...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest post. I will look forward to tuesdays:)

Jelina said...

LOVE IT! Love that 90's burgandy...I think it was in every wedding I went to. Great pics. I have to tell Ben about Golden Corral...he joked about doing our luncheon there in honor of his grandparents.

Anonymous said...

I love the top five! Now if the pizza man had seen you and your hair back then, you would definatley be in the top 2.
I love you!!!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

YOU MUST TELL THE STORY! YOU MUST!

Carrie...I don't think Dan's dad's hair was the only crazy hair in the pics! WOW! :)

That was stinking funny! Ryan and I were laughing hard!

Kristin and Jay said...

Oh My Gosh!! I don't even know what to say about this =) I am literally speechless!! I was actually getting some wedding pics together since our Anniversary is next week and I don't know if I can post them now. Your wedding day takes the cake!!!

Abbie said...

Hilarious!! I think you guys are cute. But seriously, the bridesmaid dresses. No words!! Golden Coral...that's awesome. I'm gonna need to hear the whole pizza guy story!! :)

[BrookeO] said...

I am laughing so hard. Thanks for that. Top 5 Tuesday, such a cute post.
Can't wait for pizza guy...