Thursday, February 28, 2008

Nachos Baby!

Jeni & I had quite the trip to Twin yesterday for a leadership training meeting at D.I.. First of all, I went to pick Kallie up a few minutes early from school, but they told me they were all in an assembly. So I figured she would just come out at the end of school with the rest of the kids. So Sydney and I waited and waited and no Kallie. So (from the parking lot) I called her teacher to see if Kallie got on the bus. Her teacher told me no, that she had sent Kallie to the office early to go home! So I walked inside the school and there was little Kallie sitting on the floor where she had been waiting for me for 1/2 hour! And I had been sitting out in my car for 1/2 hour! Poor girl, next time I'll just walk in and find her!

So we went to Twin, did a little shopping and decided to get something for dinner at '9 Beans and a Burrito' (Is that what it's called?). So the nachos were ok, but the rest of our dinner left a little to be desired, at least neither one of us had to use the facilities at DI, but we were wondering!

Heart Attack on a Plate!

Jeni loves them!

This is a very hideous picture, but I didn't feel like I could post one of Jeni and not one of myself! Ugly!

After '9 Beans' (which I may not go back to for a while), we headed to our meeting. The meeting started at 7pm and we still needed to go to Target before we headed home, but we thought we could go at 9pm when the meeting was over. But NO! The crazy meeting lasted 3 hours! I know I sound like Laman and Lemuel, but I sort of wanted to bang my head against something hard by the end of the night. It was interesting to have a tour and see what they do at Family Services and at the Employment Office, but 3 hours really! There were a lot of people who had to drive an hour after the meeting ended. So (after stopping for ice cream of course) Jeni and I pulled in around 11:15 or so. Crazy...and we didn't even get to go to Target :(

5 comments:

Kristin and Jay said...

K Carrie if you really took a huge bite of those jalepenos I would seriously puke!! It looks like you are getting a huge mouthful =). So was I right? You had to sit in the conference room at the DI? Sounds like a blast! =) ha j/k! But at least you and Jeni got ice cream. If it wasn't Cold Stone I don't know if you can be my friend anymore =).

Kara said...

Seriously that looks disgusting. I can't beleive you didn't get to go to target. How sad:(

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Hmmmm, well, I think they look pretty darn tasty! :) Mmmmm Jalapenos! I could eat them plain! YUMMY!

That picture of Jeni made me laugh out loud HARD! You two are goofs! I think I would have sat through the meeting just to spend the day with you two! :)

I need to make a run to Twin VERY soon! Maybe you should come with me. I know...let's have Dan watch your kids and mine! He would LOVE that! :)

Jared and Maren said...

Having a severe dislike of jalepenos and after seeing the tub of Nacho cheese that made its way to our White Elephant exchange at Christmas, that is got to be the most disgusting looking dinner. I hope you had a huge ice cream to make up for it:)

Anonymous said...

Carrie and I have a secret love for 7-11 nachos with jalapenos okay!! These didn't even come close to satisfying our hunger for 7-11 nachos. And if anyone has a problem with this strange love we have for them we can take it outside to the flagpole.