Here's my Tuesday {TOP 5} for today...
I think todays list actually begins with yesterday because we spent all day in Boise and came home tired and hungry to a house that was a little on the messy side (we've all been there right?). I ask my kids all the time how many moms they see around our house and their answer is always the same...ONE! So I then go on to tell them that one mom can't take care of everyone by herself, that everyone in our house needs to do their share and clean up after themselves (I sort of sound like my mom- that's a good thing though Mom!). I truly wish I could clone myself sometimes, I would have one of me cook and clean, one of me to focus only on the kids (bake cookies, play house, make projects etc.), one of me to relax and do what I want to do, and one more to fill in the gaps and do everything else. Sounds nice to me :)
So the {TOP 5} for today are the top things I wish were ALWAYS done! I seriously wouldn't care if I never did them again! I want them to be done and done right, I just wouldn't care if they magically took care of themselves!
#5- I wish the car was ALWAYS
#4- I wish the dishes were ALWAYS done, washed, put away and the counters cleaned! That would be heavenly!
#3- I wish this dog was ALWAYS freshly bathed and smelled nice and clean and that his teeth were brushed so his breath wouldn't be stinky anymore. Oh and while I'm wishing, if he would stop yapping at everything and everyone that would be nice too :)
#2- I would love it if my laundry was ALWAYS washed, folded and put away! It would be quite pleasant not to have laundry baskets piled with clothes throughout the house. Oh and if they could never get stains on them that would be nice too, thank you!
#1- I'm not sure why this is the dreaded task around my house but I would love it a lot if my bathrooms (all 2 1/2 of them) were ALWAYS sparkling and clean without a germ to be found. I would love the faucets to be shiny, the baseboards to be wiped down and the toilets to always be flushed (that's not too much to ask, but people at our house struggle with it)!
Maybe I should call the pizza guy and ask him if he will come over and do a few of these things for me, then he might not think my hubby is such a lucky guy :)
By this list, please don't think I'm a lazy whiner (at least not all the time) I just like to think of all the fun things I could do if these things were never on my mind.
What tasks would you love to never have to do again?!?
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Tuesday Again!
Posted by Norris Fam at 9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ditto!
I think you pretty much summed up my list as well. All those chores are things that never end. Ever. Bathrooms (5) at our house are a joke. 4 boys. Someday I will tile the walls behind those cursed toilets.
p.s.
I love your hair!
yeah you pretty much summed it up for me to. I would love it if the laundry was magically done, bathrooms magically clean, and dinner magically made. ahhh to be a man.:)hehe
I would love it if breakfast, lunch, and dinner came with ready ideas of what to make, the food in the fridge and if they all turned out to be like Rachel Ray's on TV! Really, that's not too much is it??
eh, I am SO with you on all of these- I have to say polygamy sounds awfully good from time to time, (of course for the points of cloning yourself you mentioned) not so much the ..., well you know!
I agree 100% on all of those things. But for me folding the laundry and putting it away is the worst!! I seriously want to hire a laundry service and life would be good =). I have to comment on your sink full of dishes. It's quite colorful, no need to wash them, they look pretty just like that =)
Amen to the Bathrooms sista! Seriously! Anyone with little boys knows that this is a job that this is not a job for the weak stomaches. Although, I am happy to report that since I now make him clean his own toilet (I secretly clean it once a week, thoroughly) he keeps it a lot nicer. Hmmm, turns out he doesn't think that scrubbing his piddle off of everything with in reach is that fun either! Go figure!
One thing I would have done for me each day. I wish my body, like a robot, would get up at about 4 pm, leaving the conscious part of me comfortable tucked into my oh so comfy bed, and work out harder and longer than it ever has! Yep, a body that did all the excercising without me having to worry about anything other than enjoying the benefits would be perfect for me! :)
I am definitely with you 100% on all those..especially the car...that is my biggest struggle. Laundry is ok, it is the ironing I hate and my husband HAS to wear a button-down cotton shirt every day. Keep up your top 5...I love it!
Post a Comment